Experiences with Arm-Cleaner
The Arm-Cleaner is an autonomous device agri-food cleaning for continuous conveyors. The arm-cleaner is the reproduction of the washing gesture of an operator’s arm in front of a conveyor. It is autonomous because it works without air and without electricity.
Having 20 years experience in agri-food cleaning *, I have often been confronted with the unreliability of electrically and pneumatically belt washers that have often been installed as a replacement for multi-nozzle ramps.
I have seen that have lasted barely 2 years as others less than 6 months.
Multi-nozzle ramps : the two main drawbacks: water consumption and the low impact of each jet / belt, both are related because with a low impact, we multiply the transit time to obtain a good visual result, when you get there, especially with Intralox type conveyors with larger meshes (more friction surfaces) than metal mesh conveyors.
By this autonomous device of agri-food cleaning , I wanted to put myself in the place of a manager of cleaning team having OBJECTIVES :
- Reproduce the manual gestures of washing a conveyor
- A device that is as efficient as possible on any belt
- A very reliable device once installed and in operation: no loss of time, no surprise stop in the middle of a conveyor
- The simplest in its design: hygienic, simple and without keys (speed), minimal machining and common industrial materials for a low cost, simple installation with minimum stress
* : Experiences acquired both in internal and external agri-food cleaning, as team manager, site manager, sector manager.
Installations Arm-Cleaner :
For the past 4 years, there have been many Arm-Cleaner installations, both for direct customers (agri-food sites) and indirect customers (cleaning companies). All devices have been marketed through Diversey and Kersia. All Arm-Cleaner work perfectly to this day. Some work both during the production phase and in the cleaning phase. Here is a non-exhaustive list
For any information, feasibility study, … do not hesitate to contact. On the page “configurations”, you will already have an overview of some of the mounting possibilities and its simplicity of installation